Trace Data is developing a ground breaking product to help companies monitor and secure their data. We’re integrating the world of security, observability and connectivity.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products and systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and love learning new technologies and systems.
Our Product Designer will own and lead the visual design of our web application and provide design guidance into other developer-oriented aspects of our product such as the CLI (command-line interface) and customer facing APIs.
- Work closely with our product and engineering team to create features that delight our customers and make them wonder why this hasn’t been done before.
- Build a design roadmap that continually improves our UX and pushes our team to do amazing UI work.
- Develop and expand product design systems, component libraries and visual assets.
- Focus on what you do best — whether that’s sketches, wireframes, prototypes, designs, or code—and you’ll have the opportunity to sharpen the skills you’re looking to develop.
- Work in a highly collaborative fashion with the design, product, and engineering teams.
- Participate in design reviews and share your work regularly with the company.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Are an expert in either UI, UX, or visual design, but skilled in more disciplines across product design.
- Can reduce complex problems down to the right balance of flexibility, power, and ease of use.
- Have experience designing for enterprise and developer-focused products.
- Work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Are comfortable working in a very fast moving environment and able to deliver high quality work quickly.
- You care about details and are excited to keep pushing your work until is pixel-perfect.
- Have proven communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Are skilled in explaining your work, process, and decisions and crave feedback.
- Think in systems and are able to extrapolate and extend shared patterns and behaviors.
- Are uncompromisingly service-minded towards our users and your colleagues but able to set and achieve priorities that find the perfect balance between benefiting the project, the design team, and the company.
- Have 5+ years relevant design experience at a tech, product-driven company.
About Trace Data
Trace Data is an early stage startup founded in 2019 and headquartered in Oakland, California. We’re backed by top tier investors including Accel and Kleiner Perkins.
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have a culture of transparency that we carry through to internal communication, ensuring everyone has the information they need to make great decisions. We value humility, respect and diversity. We look for people who are curious, want to grow and have huge impact every day.
Trace Data provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.