Trace Data is developing a ground breaking product to help companies monitor and secure their data. We’re integrating the world of security, observability and connectivity.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful products and systems; you’re comfortable in dealing with lots of moving pieces; you have exquisite attention to detail; and love learning new technologies and systems. We agonize over and take pride in crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences.
Our Product Manager will lead product management across our product suite, including our user facing web application, monitoring agents and on-premise software.
- Lead product management and collaborate with engineering and design on the launch of products from kick-off to ship.
- Develop the product roadmap, from short-term deliverables to the long-term strategic plan.
- Drive the development of product features and constantly refine priorities to be aligned with customer and market needs.
- Develop clear requirements based on ambiguous information and feedback from customers and articulating that to the team with clarity and a prioritized backlog.
- Communicate plans, and project status throughout the organization on a regular basis.
- Use data driven metrics to inform our product strategy and roadmap.
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Are 100% customer focused. You see customers and their feedback and ideas as critical to what we build, why and when. You love working with them spending time with them.
- Have experience managing technical enterprise software products from kick-off to ship, ideally in the security, monitoring or data space.
- Can translate ambiguous customer feedback into clear requirements and confident roadmap of what needs to be built and why.
- Are a passionate entrepreneur, have strong business instincts, and the ability to identify attractive growth opportunities.
- Have a passion for experimentation; you approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Have proven communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Have a high capacity to execute in a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Have 5+ years relevant product management experience at a tech, product-driven company.
About Trace Data
Trace Data is an early stage startup founded in 2019 and headquartered in Oakland, California, CA. We’re backed by top tier investors including Accel and Kleiner Perkins.
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have a culture of transparency that we carry through to internal communication, ensuring everyone has the information they need to make great decisions. We value humility, respect and diversity. We look for people who are curious, want to grow and have impact every day.
Trace Data provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.